Perhaps one of my favorite parts of being up on Capitol Hill is the people I meet. Today I met Commissioner Larry Ellertson, Commission Chair and candidate Nathan Ivie from Utah County. Two ranchers with pure hearts. Check out Nathan's campaign website and FB page to learn more. He's a fellow photographer.
We spent the afternoon in the Senate Education Committee where I testified and we heard
- HB0043 - State Instructional Materials Commission Amendments (Cutler, B. R.)
- SB0045 - Compulsory Education Revisions (Jackson, A.)
- SB0078 - State Board of Education Candidate Selection (Millner, A.)
- SB0086 - School Building Coordination (Jackson, A.)
- SCR006 - Concurrent Resolution Recognizing the 20th Anniversary of the Utah Educational Savings Plan (Vickers, E.)
Senator Jackson with Wendi Baggaley who testified about SB45 Compulsory Education Revisions. It passed through committee.
Do you know who your State Board Member is?
Mine is Laura Belnap, an amazing elected official who listens and cares.